UPDATE: Flat tire leads to two-vehicle crash on Kiester Road

Andy Treese and Catie Clark
February 21, 2013
Filed under News

A two-vehicle traffic collision occurred on Kiester road. outside of the southern entrance to SRU and injured one person Tuesday evening around 6:30 p.m.  According to Slippery Rock Fire Marshal Dave Taggart. According to Taggart, the accident was called in at 6:32 p.m. after a gray Toyota SUV turned... Read more »

Famous Chicago bar offers great experience

Andy Treese, Campus Life Editor
November 9, 2012
Filed under Opinion

What if I told you the best bar in the world was located under a particular overpass in downtown Chicago - where you would also be unquestionably considered an idiot by your peers if you parked just outside the establishment? Would you believe me? Chances are, you said no. And there’s also a chance... Read more »

Near-death experience gives comedian Ralphie May different perspective on life

Andy Treese, Rocket Contributor
September 13, 2012
Filed under Campus Life

What started off as a relatively peaceful outing one night last November developed into a fight to stay alive for stand-up comedian Ralphie May, as he came close to death by a development of bilateral double pneumonia and a pulmonary embolism. 10 months later, May walked up onto the stage in the Robert... Read more »

Miller Auditorium closed for planned renovation, building expansion project

Andy Treese, Campus Life Editor
September 6, 2012
Filed under Campus Life

For the first time in over 50 years, the only sounds that will emanate from the halls of Miller Auditorium during the school year will be the cacophony of construction and labor. After moving the Department of Theatre to the University Union, SRU closed the doors to Miller Auditorium last month to... Read more »

Fall season to continue momentum of successful tours in 2012

Andy Treese, Campus Life Editor
August 31, 2012
Filed under Campus Life

In case you haven’t been following very closely, 2012 has been one of the biggest years for highly-anticipated North American concert tours the music industry has seen in years. Some of the artists that toured earlier this year included Rise Against with A Day to Remember, Aerosmith with Cheap Trick,... Read more »

Women outnumber men in student enrollment at colleges nationwide

Andy Treese, Campus Life Editor
August 31, 2012
Filed under Campus Life

In a country whose population consists of more women than men, more and more younger women have set their sights to pursuing fruitful careers by continuing their education after high school. Since 1991, more women have annually been enrolled in college than men, according to a study from the U.S.... Read more »

Dance Film Festival created by alumna

Andy Treese, Campus Life Editor
April 27, 2012
Filed under Campus Life

The lights dim in the ATS Auditorium, and the screen lights up to show a lone dancer in a yellow tutu, purple tights and bulky, worn-out boots to match. Moving effortlessly alongside a rundown brick building, the dancer performs her routine delicately and with grace, all while the cameraman moves the... Read more »

“Big Fatty” challenge tests fortitude of competitive eaters

Andy Treese, Campus Life Editor
March 30, 2012
Filed under Campus Life, Multimedia

Heading home from Cranberry Township Tuesday evening, the feelings of nausea and wicked heartburn had taken over my body, coursing through me as I rode away with a much-overfilled belly from the location of an ugly battle. The battle I speak of was not your conventional battle, but rather a food challenge... Read more »