Alex Mowrey, Photo Editor

Published by adviser, Date: January 8, 2013
0
19859

”The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”   –Dorothea Lange 

Anyone can buy a camera and take pictures but it takes a special person to be able to look through that lens and make a work of art. This is something I have learned and developed over the past couple years. I started as a volunteer for The Rocket last year and I spent the school year helping the current editor, Lexi with whatever was needed. During that time I was fortunate enough to win a few awards and get me going on the right track towards the road that I am on now. As the end of my freshman year dwindled to a close I applied to be this year’s Photo Editor and I was awarded the position. This job has been able to teach me a lot about how to run a specific portion of a newspaper and to be really on top of my work so I am able to get everything done. When I came into school I didn’t see myself being the Photo Editor of our schools newspaper but becoming more and more involved in it I can really see this as something I could be doing for the rest of my life. I love taking pictures and I would love to be able to make it my future.

Follow me on Facebook at Alex Sidney Mowrey  and see some of my work at Alex Sidney Photography. You can also follow me on Twitter at @TheMrAlex.