SLIPPERY ROCK UNIVERSITY POLICE

February 4 – University police responded to a fire alarm at Building E. The alarm system could not be silenced by officers. Safety was notified and no further police action was taken.

February 6 – Police responded to the ROCK Apartments for a fire alarm that was activated by burnt chicken. The alarm system was reset.

February 6 – Pennsylvania State Police utilized the Datamaster at the university police station for a possible DUI.

February 8 – University police responded to a vehicle that struck a fence at the East Lake Lot near the baseball stadium. No damage to the fence was reported and only minor damage was done to the vehicle. No injuries were reported. Police notified maintenance.

SLIPPERY ROCK BOROUGH POLICE

February 5 – Slippery Rock Borough police charged Massi Rodkey, 20, with one summary count of retail theft. According to SRPD Chief Terry Fedokovitz, Rodkey had allegedly stolen vape pods from the Kwik Fill gas station while employed there. No court date has been set.

Joe is a senior communication major with a concentration in converged journalism. This is his first year with The Rocket as assistant news editor. Before joining The Rocket, Joe worked at Butler County Community College’s student newspaper along with a short-lived career as public affairs sergeant (along with many other assignments) with the United States Army. When not covering campus news, Joe spends his weekends with his fiancée and son in Slippery Rock.

Previous articleReasons To Learn How To Play the Drums
Next articleSGA briefs on university’s COVID-19 testing plans
Joe Wells