April 15 – University police respond to a welfare check request near the water tower. Police talked with the individual and considered all to be fine. Police transported the person to the Student Health Center.

April 15 – Slippery Rock Borough Police requested assistance for possible DUI on Elm Street. A Borough police officer utilized the Datamaster at the university police station. University Police stood by until vehicle was towed.

April 15 – Police received an intruder alarm activation and found the alarm to be set off by cleaning personnel entering the room. The alarm system was reset.

April 16 – University Police responded to a fire alarm activation in Building E and Safety was notified. The alarm was activated by burnt food and was reset.

April 20 – University Police received an intruder alarm activation in Fowler Building and found the alarm was set off by staff entering the building without an alarm code. The alarm system was reset.

Joe is a senior communication major with a concentration in converged journalism. This is his first year with The Rocket as assistant news editor. Before joining The Rocket, Joe worked at Butler County Community College’s student newspaper along with a short-lived career as public affairs sergeant (along with many other assignments) with the United States Army. When not covering campus news, Joe spends his weekends with his fiancée and son in Slippery Rock.

Previous articleGonzalez Sanchez helps tennis to postseason
Next articleTaking the walk in person
Joe Wells