Students compete in alcohol-free mix-off

Janine Kickler, Tateana Turner and Karissa Cichon, sisters of Alpha Omicron Pi prepare to sample their sparkling Grecian wine at the Alcohol-Free Mix-Off Thursday evening.  Approximately 500 Slippery Rock University Students competed in the mix-off held in the ballroom of the Robert M. Smith Student Center. The event was held to create awareness of drinking and driving while focusing on alcohol alternatives and was sponsored by AAA East Central, PennDOT, Slippery Rock University Student Involvement and Slippery Rock Alcohol and Addictions Coalition. The theme of the competition was “Countries and Cultures.” Alpha Xi Delta won first  place and best overall with Alpha Omicron Pi taking best in show.

Janine Kickler, Tateana Turner and Karissa Cichon, sisters of Alpha Omicron Pi prepare to sample their sparkling Grecian wine at the Alcohol-Free Mix-Off Thursday evening. Approximately 500 Slippery Rock University Students competed in the mix-off held in the ballroom of the Robert M. Smith Student Center. The event was held to create awareness of drinking and driving while focusing on alcohol alternatives and was sponsored by AAA East Central, PennDOT, Slippery Rock University Student Involvement and Slippery Rock Alcohol and Addictions Coalition. The theme of the competition was “Countries and Cultures.” Alpha Xi Delta won first place and best overall with Alpha Omicron Pi taking best in show.

Alex Mowrey

Alex Mowrey