Rebecca Dietrich, Photo Editor

Published by adviser, Date: August 10, 2016
0
1109

One needs to find their purpose and find it in their passion. When I first came to Slippery Rock, my major was undecided and, to be honest, I had no direction on what I was going to do with my future. That was until I applied for the assistant photo editor position for The Rocket Newspaper early freshmen year. It was here that I found that I could make my passion into a real career and I immediately declared my major as communication emerging technology and multimedia. This is now my fourth year working on The Rocket staff taking photos and my second year as photo editor. I have had many amazing opportunities to represent the paper at national conferences, to photograph concerts, sporting events, celebrities, and countless more that I never would have expected after walking into those office doors as a freshmen. I’ve even been lucky enough to win many local awards as well as a few on the national level. In this job, I’ve grown into a better photographer and have learned the skills needed for my future. I couldn’t be more thankful for the experience. It is going to be difficult leaving The Rocket after four years, but I know the best is yet to come. I am looking forward to this year and can’t wait to see what great things will be in store for The Rocket!