A photo taken from Body Image Reflection Club Instagram (bodyimagesru) highlighting the events for the week.

The Body Reflections Club, who promotes talking about the importance of understanding body image and eating disorders, will be hosting events throughout National Eating Disorder Awareness (NEDA) Week, Feb. 22 through Feb. 28.

Monday, there will be a documentary titled, “Miss Representation,” followed by a discussion led by the group’s advisor, Jennifer Sanftner McGraw, professor and chair of the Department of Psychology.

Tuesday, Body Reflection Club’s Instagram (@bodyimagesru) will have facts posted on their story throughout the day, another effort to spread awareness and educate students.

Wednesday, they will be taking over the Department of Psychology’s Instagram (sru_psychology) to talk more about the importance of NEDA Week.

The final event for the week will take place on Thursday with a trivia night hosted on Zoom. The event will include prizes and the link can be found on the Body Reflections Club Instagram.

Leigha Hoffman, vice president of the club, spoke about the importance of getting students involved and understanding what this week means.

“It’s important because it definitely sheds light on the topic of eating disorders and things that can follow,” Hoffman said. “We’re going to debunk myths and educate students because eating disorders are common with college students and that’s why we push [talking about] it.”

Sarah Anderson is a freshman integrated marketing communications major with a love for writing. As a high school senior she held a position as editor-in-chief for the high school newspaper and that experience has led her to get involved with The Rocket as campus life editor. Beyond working for The Rocket, Sarah works part time and spends her down time taking frequent naps. Although she has only been contributing for one semester, she can’t wait to see what the future holds.