Quaker Steak drives students to ‘GET’ food app

Tom Fabian

Megan Bush, Campus Life Editor

On busy days when students only have time for classes, schoolwork and maybe a breath or two, planning meals and waiting in lines are some of the last things they want to do.

Enter the GET app. During common hour when the lines are just too long, GET is like your own Walt Disney World FastPass, letting you skip the line and ‘GET’ your food when you need it.

Originally used only to monitor your meal plan and add flex funds when needed, GET was expanded in January to include the choice of ordering your meal from T&B Naturally, the cafe in Bailey Library. Students would choose what they wanted from the menu, pay via flex or debit/credit cards and pick the order up from the window at the front of the building.

Additionally, at the beginning of this semester, Quaker Steak and Lube was also added to the app, allowing students to order and pick up their wings and burgers before their less fortunate peers who are stuck in the mile-long line.

“Common hour days are, we all know, kind of hectic no matter where you eat on campus, and if you can order 15 minutes before you’re done with class, you can walk up here to Quaker Steak and Lube and there’s a good chance that your order is going to be sitting there, ready for you to pick up,” said Jason Foster, Quaker Steak employee.

Currently, only specific options at both T&B and Quaker Steak are available for online order, but even with limited options, GET certainly makes eating on the go much easier.