SGA President Dallas Kline hosts Happy Bus Karaoke

Happy Bus Karaoke, part of the Week of Welcome, was held to raise awareness of the Happy Bus, a service provided to students by SGA.

Tom Fabian, Multimedia Editor

Have you ever wanted to sit next to James Corden, belting out music while you head down the road to your next stop?

Well, President of Student Government Association (SGA) Dallas Kline decided to make that dream a reality this week with SGA’s Happy Bus Karaoke event, put on for the Week of Welcome. The event was aimed to showcase the Happy Bus and how useful it can be to both new and returning students. The start of the semester can be hectic and Kline wanted to help students relax and let them blow off steam from their first classes.

“We were able to get all the students on, they could request a song and play some music and have a really good time,” Kline explained. “It was a way to get students together and relax.”

Unfortunately for Kline and the rest of the SGA team heading the event, about halfway through the party, the event was shut down. Due to communication issues, the bus driver was not properly prepared for the event, leading to its termination around 1 p.m.

This didn’t stop Kline from singing her way off the bus and through the Smith Student Center. The bus might have stopped, but she kept the awareness up all the way to the SGA office in the Suite. After the event, she was still pumped to share the Happy Bus with other SRU students.

“We saw some students that just got on and were really surprised, but they were just riding the bus so we’re glad that there are students riding the bus who see that it’s easy, fun and functional,” Kline said.

Kline also went on to explain the multiple resources surrounding the Happy Bus, such as the Nextbus app, designed to show students where the bus is coming from and when it will be there to pick you up.

The road this event went down may have had a bump or two, but in the end, Kline was happy to share the Happy Bus and sing with other students.

“When I was singing “Party in the USA” with Lauren [Moran] and everyone had their hands up, it was so much fun,” Kline said with a smile.