CDR: Back to School with Style

Priya+Patel%2C++freshman+and+Public+Health+major+rocks+a+floral+blouse+%28left%29.+Cole+Orlandini%2C+junior+and+Exercise+Science+major+looks+stylish+in+his+button+down+and+khaki+shorts+%28right%29.+
Priya Patel,  freshman and Public Health major rocks a floral blouse (left). Cole Orlandini, junior and Exercise Science major looks stylish in his button down and khaki shorts (right).

Priya Patel, freshman and Public Health major rocks a floral blouse (left). Cole Orlandini, junior and Exercise Science major looks stylish in his button down and khaki shorts (right).

Hope Hoehler, Assistant Campus Life Editor

August 27th, the dreaded or possibly welcoming day of back-to-school. Sure, every student has the common first-day questions and jitters, but there is one question that floats in the minds of all: What am I going to wear? 

Students want to make a good first impression on professors and peers, while also looking stylish for themselves, but the August weather can be hot and humid and not to mention the possibility of the usual Slippery Rock rain shower.  

But don’t you worry, here are a few tips and ideas that will help you choose that first-day outfit. 

Make sure that your shoes are comfortable, you’re going to be walking around campus from class to class. Right now, Birkenstocks, sandals, converse, and the classic neutral color tennis shoe. As fall approaches, don’t be afraid to go for more rich colors such as deep reds or blues.  

The weather is always going to be hit or miss during your time at The Rock, but towards the beginning of the semester, the hot and humid air is going to be a huge aspect in your style. Floral print is in right now and can always be paired with a cute pair of jean shorts or jeans to tie your outfit together.  Crop tops and off the shoulder tops are in style for females that go great with a pair of high-waisted jeans, shorts, or leggings. For the guys, a plain t-shirt or a decorative button-down shirt pair great with a pair of khaki shorts.  

As for accessorizing, hats go great for both girls and guys! Choosing a neutral color hat, rocking your favorite sports team, a classic Nike or Adidas hat, or representing The Rock is a great way to keep the sun out of your face, the hair out of your eyes, while tying together your outfit of the day. 

Whatever style you choose, is up to you! Remember, if you have confidence, you can rock any outfit you choose.