Washing machine sets off alarm in North Hall

Published by adviser, Author: Haley Barnes - News Editor , Date: February 11, 2015
0
651

Firefighters and SRU police responded to a fire alarm set off by a washing machine in North Hall on Wednesday night around 8 p.m.

President Cheryl J. Norton was at the scene waiting for everyone who was evacuated to be able to return safely into North Hall.

Norton said she was about to leave her office in Old Main when she was informed about the alarm. When she stepped outside of Old Main, she saw the lights from the fire trucks and police cars.

Norton said at first the alarm was at first thought to be set off by a dryer, but it was actually set off by an overloaded washing machine.

Residents, workers in the building and students who were visiting North Hall at the time waited outside of North Hall or inside Weisenfluh Dining Hall.

Norton said there were no injuries and everyone was able to go back inside the building at 8:41 p.m.

Additional reporting done for this story by Amber Cannon.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here